- • Factory at Tanjong Penjuru catches fire
- • Widespread outrage after ISIS bulldozes ancient Iraq city of Nimrud
- • Singapore Budget 2015: 10 things to note in DPM Tharman's Budget debate round-up speech
- • US labour market flexes muscles in February, unemployment falls to 6 1/2 year low
- • Future Music Festival Asia organiser is deciding its next move after festival is again denied licence
- • National Heart Centre raised more than $750,000 at first charity gala
- • Cricket: Dhoni & bowlers shine as patchy India book q-final place
- • Grassroots leaders from Indian community attend dialogue session on Budget
- • Football: Wenger lauds Welbeck's efforts as Arsenal await United in FA Cup q-final
- • Amnesty International condemns Iran's 'brutal' blinding of man as punishment
- • Football: No beer, no drums and no banners when Chile host Copa America in June
- • No bailout of state investor 1MDB with public funds, says Malaysia DPM Muhyiddin
- • What are the speeches PM Lee Hsien Loong highlighted from the Budget Debate?
- • Russian ex-policeman jailed for treason over CIA spy plot
- • EU hits more of Syria President Assad's supporters with sanctions
- • Bangladesh seizes 27 kg of gold from North Korean diplomat
- • Dutch court says 'luxury' cell prisoners must move to make way for Norwegian convicts
- • Pakistan customs bag record haul of illegal turtle meat bound for Hong Kong
- • Singapore shares end week higher with lift from Europe, US
- • Top leader, commanders of Al-Qaeda affiliate Al-Nusra Front reported killed in Syria
There were many tough questions waiting for Finance Minister Sommai Phasee when he stepped into the...
It was the middle of May in 2011 – and searingly hot in the northern Thai town of Phayao, which was...
Indochina Bureau Chief