- • Suicide blast at Afghan volleyball game kills around 50
- • Football: Crystal Palace fight back to win as Liverpool suffer collapse
- • Football: Di Natale hits magical 200-goal mark
- • With nuclear deal in balance, hardliners protest in Teheran
- • Formula One: Lewis Hamilton clinches Abu Dhabi race, wins 2nd world title
- • Tennis: Maiden Davis Cup for Switzerland as Roger Federer beats Richard Gasquet
- • Image-conscious Japanese go back to class to learn how to hold chopsticks properly
- • Football: Dortmund's Reus out for rest of year with torn ligaments
- • Football: Schalke's di Matteo targets point in Champions League against ex-club Chelsea
- • Football: Late penalty condemns Singapore to 1-2 defeat against Thailand in AFF Suzuki Cup opener
- • France, Germany to present joint economic reform plan on Nov 27: Der Spiegel
- • Israel Cabinet backs bill anchoring 'Jewish state' in law: media
- • Pope Francis names six new saints, including two Indians
- • Central London's Charing Cross rail station evacuated after fire, nobody hurt
- • Gathering in Manila to remember 32 journalists slain in the Philippines in 2009
- • Israel eyes powers to strip residency, welfare rights of Arabs who take part in unrest
- • British police chief claims '4 or 5' terror plots foiled, more than 250 arrests made this year
- • Football: Singapore tied 1-1 with Thailand at half-time of AFF Suzuki Cup opener
- • Dutch complete Malaysia Airlines MH17 wreckage recovery in Ukraine
- • Golf: Stenson retains DP World Tour C'ship title, McIlroy joint second
I was born in the same year Sesame Street premiered on television, and I had always wanted to go to...
Myanmar’s unlikely capital, built less than 10 years ago by a military regime, will see a gathering...
THERE are certain actions that are taken in the best interests of the nation, and that people will...
IT’S hard not to have an opinion about surrogacy, especially with the intense attention polarising...
China Bureau Chief
EMPTY tables at restaurants usually booked up for weeks. Short lines at Disneyland. Clear air and...
The ring of onlookers is packed five men deep. They crane their necks to get a glimpse of about 20...
Indochina Bureau Chief