- • China is moving towards de facto control of South China Sea: Philippines
- • Indonesia defiant as UN leads condemnation of looming executions of drug convicts
- • Nepal quake: Around 100 climbers above Everest base camp all safe
- • Nepal quake: Helicopters reach Mount Everest base camp to rescue avalanche victims
- • Nepal Quake: Singapore Red Cross contributes $50,000 to humanitarian relief
- • Nepal quake: 17 bodies recovered on Mount Everest, making it worst disaster on peak
- • Nepal quake: Pope Francis 'deeply saddened' by tragedy
- • Nepal quake: Chinese search-and-rescue team with 62 members heads to area to provide aid
- • Nepal quake: Death toll jumps to 1,805, says Home Ministry
- • Violence erupts in Baltimore protest over death of black man in police custody
- • Vote for your favourite Singapore songs to be performed at Sing50
- • Nepal Quake: 8 Singaporeans in Nepal, including Mount Everest team, known to be out of danger
- • How a 100-year-old suicide inspired Judith Claire Mitchell
- • Wildlife-watching on Ethiopia's stunning mountain ranges
- • Struggles of caring for autistic adults
- • Women bartenders crashing all-boys club
- • Connecting with the earth in Iceland
- • Beijing 10 years on is as enigmatic
- • The past belongs there
- • Deutsche Bank to keep 500 German retail branches
SINGAPORE just crossed a watershed with the passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew. Some Western journalists...
It has been a challenging, turbulent start to the year for many small countries around the world.
Let me begin with three incontrovertible facts. First, China will become the No. 1 economic power...
Economy & Business
Not to be Missed
TO THE world, she is known as Matheryn Naovaratpong. To her family, she is simply known as Einz....
President Xi Jinping, the most powerful Chinese leader since Deng Xiaoping, echoes China's...
It was light-hearted fun after days of serious discussions of weighty issues such as the competing...
BEIJING (AFP) - A Chinese academic study hailed the role of the country's first lady in public diplomacy, reports said Thursday, the latest sign of Beijing's hunger for soft power on the...