- • Italy elects senior judge Sergio Mattarella as president
- • Asian Cup: Koreans are heart-broken again as Australia snatch winner in extra time
- • Football: Sturridge to play against West Ham, not bothered by comments that he's fragile
- • Australian Open: Serena closes in on Graf's tally of major titles with win over Sharapova
- • Head of China Minsheng Bank resigns after reports he faces corruption investigation
- • Allow partial lump sum withdrawals and voluntary Minimum Sum top-ups: CPF panel
- • GMO mosquito plan to combat dengue sparks debate in Florida
- • Former national swimmer Joscelin Yeo gives birth to third child
- • Nasa satellite to map soil moisture poised for launch
- • Car review: A French toast to Peugeot's new 308
- • Jackie Chan's replicas of historic zodiac sculptures on show in Singapore
- • Festive plants, traditional and with a twist
- • Boxing: Deal for a fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather may surface in a few days' time
- • Spotify mute about reported $500m funding round
- • Basketball: Hawks continue to be high-fliers with their 18th straight victory
- • India tests long-range missile from mobile launcher
- • Australian Open: Murray has a chance to end heartbreak of three losses in the final
- • Deadly clash in Philippines a setback to peace with Muslim rebels
- • Aung San Suu Kyi's mansion gates to be auctioned
- • Singapore condemns militant attacks in Egypt's Sinai
When Emperor Hirohito of Japan ascended to the throne in 1962, his subjects revered him as a...
IN SEPTEMBER, the world will commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Plaza Accord. That agreement...
THE World Economic Forum (WEF) has just published its 2015 Global Risk Report. This is the 10th...
There were many tough questions waiting for Finance Minister Sommai Phasee when he stepped into the...
I first climbed Mount Murud on a whim in 2013. With that spur-of-the moment decision, I found...
It was the middle of May in 2011 – and searingly hot in the northern Thai town of Phayao, which was...