- • Singapore's President Tony Tan, PM Lee Hsien Loong congratulate Saudi's new King Salman
- • Australia, Britain slam ISIS' killing of Japanese hostage during defence talks
- • Two Americans shot in Saudi Arabia are employees of defence contractor Vinnell Arabia
- • North Korea says US has rejected invitation to send top diplomat to Pyongyang
- • US recalls 2 million cars for second time over unresolved airbag defect
- • Probe ordered into deadly latest Bangladesh factory fire that killed 13 workers
- • India probes discovery of human bones, body parts found in police building
- • First Islamic endowment villas launched: 5 things about wakaf properties in Singapore
- • Hong Kong police take no chances at first large-scale rally since Occupy Central
- • Changi Airport registers over $2 billion in retail sales in 2014
- • Golf: Teenager Lydia Ko, 17, becomes youngest world No. 1
- • Book commemorating Sembawang's rich heritage launched
- • Justin Timberlake confirms on his birthday that he is expecting a baby with Jessica Biel
- • Worse-than-expected China factory data confirms slowdown in mainland economy
- • Japan launches new back-up spy satellite
- • Power restored at Bangladesh opposition leader Khaleda Zia's office 20 hours after cutoff
- • Bobbi Kristina Brown in coma: 5 things about Whitney Houston's daughter
- • The Singapore Volunteer Corps: 5 things about the 161-year-old militia group
- • Malaysian boy born without fingers gets new mechanical limb, built for only $37
- • Teen cancer movie wins top prize at Sundance Film Festival
When Emperor Hirohito of Japan ascended to the throne in 1962, his subjects revered him as a...
IN SEPTEMBER, the world will commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Plaza Accord. That agreement...
THE World Economic Forum (WEF) has just published its 2015 Global Risk Report. This is the 10th...
Politics & Diplomacy
Trends & Transitions
Not to be Missed
There were many tough questions waiting for Finance Minister Sommai Phasee when he stepped into the...
I first climbed Mount Murud on a whim in 2013. With that spur-of-the moment decision, I found...
It was the middle of May in 2011 – and searingly hot in the northern Thai town of Phayao, which was...