- • Asian Games: Tao Li bags silver, Joseph Schooling fourth in 200m individual medley
- • Apple sells record 10m new iPhones in first three days
- • Director Kelvin Tong's Hollywood horror film will showcase taste of Singapore
- • Pilots' union rejects Air France offer to end strike
- • Tennis: Federer replaces injured Nadal in new league
- • Football: 2022 World Cup will not take place in Qatar, predicts Fifa's Zwanziger
- • Chrysler recalls 230,760 SUVs globally for fuel pump issue
- • Temasek Holdings celebrates 40th anniversary with Istana dinner
- • Myanmar peace process at 'crucial' stage, says government negotiator
- • CHC trial: New evidence of text conversation among accused
- • 5 top moments at the Singapore International Festival of Arts 2014
- • The Straits Times' News In A Minute: Sept 22, 2014
- • Selangor palace sends out letter appointing Azmin Ali as state chief minister
- • India's Modi to observe strict fast during maiden trip to US
- • India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- • Myanmar gives citizenship to 209 displaced Muslims, including Rohingya
- • Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats returns to Singapore in January
- • OCBC Bank's rights issue closes with over 70% excess applications
- • 23 schools to be honoured for good practices
- • Sony to rival Google with smart glasses
CERTAIN rules and traditions are observed each time the top leaders of India and China get together...
ONE spring day in April, 1958, a tanned 35-year-old Singaporean wandered the narrow, steep alleys...
In the next few years, tiny ears and eyes in the sky, built and manned by Singapore engineers,...
Politics & Diplomacy
BANGKOK - It was no lazy Sunday afternoon for me when I visited a friend’s organic rice farm in...
Kah, a 17-year-old Burmese, was detained by Thai authorities for one month in Chiang Mai after he...
WHEN I was growing up in a suburb south of Manila, there was one year when a specific hour of a...