- • Australia to end live betting odds during sports: PM Gillard
- • Opposition parties enforce strike in Bangladesh
- • Japan PM Abe holds talks with Myanmar's Thein Sein
- • Swiss-China trade deal a symbol amid spats with EU
- • 14 killed in new anti-terror Philippine offensive
- • Three Chinese ships in disputed waters: Japan
- • Death toll in Indian Maoist attack rises to 23: Police
- • Broken peace deal shows Anwar lacking in principle: Najib
- • Texas flooding kills 2; more than 200 rescued
- • US teenager accused of planning to bomb school
- • China premier warns EU over solar, telecom probes
- • US highway buckles after rail cars hit overpass
- • Storm brews over control of US newspaper group
- • Spotlight grows on China's harsh labour camps
- • Cars torched, police attacked in new Stockholm riots
- • Suspected rebels kill 17, wound 24 in east India
- • US doctor charged in pregnant woman's death
- • Bitter election creates long-term headache for Malaysia's Najib
- • Cannes film festival draws to a close with cliffhanger ending
- • Brazil's Neymar to sign with Barcelona on Monday
Foreign Editor's Note
If there's a fight to be picked with China's neighbours these days, trust retired army...
THE headlines shout that Japan is back. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has returned the country to...
IF MR Ignasius Jonan, the youthful boss of the state-owned Kereta API national railway, has his way...
Two years after she came to power in the eastern Indian state of West Bengal, scandals and gaffes...
Always have a Plan B ready if you plan to visit Taiwan during the "plum rain" season in...
Australian Treasurer Wayne Swan's Federal Budget on Tuesday could be a coup de grace to the...